Living with Cerebral Palsy 🍋🍋

Sunday 18 September 2011

Life is like a box of chocolates....

I have blogged about this before, but it never ceases to amaze me how kind people can be to us and to Elin. It's not that Im not giving anyone credit, but everyone has their own lives and their own problems and such a lot has happened with Elin in 3 years that I would totally understand people generally became a bit numb to hearing about hospital visit's and Ambulance rides and everything else. Happily this is not the case for Elin and we have incredible family and friends. Calls, texts, facebook messages always come thick and fast in a crisis and I don't think even those sending them can truly know what this support means. It literally keeps us going. We would really struggle without it and I will never forget those who have shown such kindness, even if it's a wee text to say thinking of you....it means the world to know that people still get that this is hard, its stressful and it never really goes away. From my work colleagues who take over when I have to dash from work and are unfailingly supportive, to my sister who always comes to the ward when we are in, to my parents who do such a lot for us, to my friends who bring gifts or phone to say they love me (but don't tell anyone, yeah?) to the Nurses on the ward who make a fuss of Elin and make us feel at home to the teachers from Elin's school who call into the hospital just to give her a snuggle on their way home from work and to faraway friends and family for which Facebook proves an incredible tool for them to say they are thinking of us and can they do anything, the support is literally overwhelming. Epitomised by a single, giant box of chocolates left on our doorstep yesterday after another rough week. There was no note and it struck me that it wasn't just nice that I had a box of chocolates from a lovely kind person, what was really incredible was there were about 5/6 people at least that they could have been from, we really have that many people in our life, who live nearby, who would think to make a gesture like that.Forest Gump said life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. Well in our case life is like a box of chocolates that get's left on you doorstep. You never know what your gonna get, but the amazing support you need to deal with it is right there at your back door. How lucky are we?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig