Living with Cerebral Palsy 🍋🍋

Friday 14 November 2014

God only knows....

Well it's Children In Need day, it's not even started yet and I've cried about four times today- once during school assembly which was a bit embarrassing -but we watched that saccharine Gareth Malone butchering of the Avicii track 'Wake Me Up', which would have me changing the channel faster than you could say 'sick bucket' on the radio, but on screen, coupled with super-slow mo images of Children (In Need) had me predictably weeping like a baby. Maybe Gareth Malone does know what he's doing after all, with all his celebrity singers and swelling children's choirs in the background. Damn him and his spindly be-spectacled smugness . Anyway I still prefer the other celebrity filled track of the moment- a cover of the Beach Boys 'God Only Knows' , not just because  it generally doesn't make my ears bleed but because I think the message of the song is more emotive and also, of course, it reminds me of how I feel about Elin ;-)
Speaking of Lady Crawley herself, she has had a great few days! Back onto the good week of the Dystonia cycle by the looks of it! This morning, she woke us up at 6:00am- because she was lying in her bed LAUGHING. Yup, I opened my eyes this morning to the sound of peals of laughter.  Once my initial fear that she had been possessed had quickly subsided (we watched 'The Exorcist' on Hallowe'en cos we thought it would be a laugh. It really, really wasn't) I realised that it was the first time this has ever happened. What an amazingly lovely way to wake up in the morning.  She was rewarded with an immediate migration into our bed and cuddles galore of course. Maybe she'll do it again tomorrow?? I would like to wake up like that every day for the rest of my life. More importantly I would like Elin to wake up like that for the rest of her life. My own little Child-In-Need, my little Pudesy Bear, my everything.
God only knows what I'd be without you.


Happy weekend blog fans
Children In Need is a VERY worthy cause, if you are able to donate ;-)
Love, us xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig